Glenn In Japan

Hi. At the moment I live in Japan and keep being told by my friends in Australia to keep in touch. Hopefully I will be able to...

Friday, November 05, 2004

Music links for those who're interested

Some music-related links I recommend people check out...

I am an avid listener so be pre-warned, there are quite a few links. Feel free to regard or disregard.



I will keep updating this every once in a while... always finding new music! :)

My top 4 bands...

#1 Third Day
Quite simply, the boys from Georgia are the best around...
For guitarist Mark Lee's blog, click here

#2 U2
I'm sure you've heard of them?

#3 the Beatles... do they have a website, I wonder?

#4 Soulframe
The boys from Southport have just, or are just about to release their 2nd album. I got my advance copy posted to me here in Japan, and what can I say? It just rocks... I've been waiting for this chance to hear the song "Here Am I" over and over and over... loved it ever since hearing it in concert the first time a couple years ago!

Other bands worth checking out... in alphabetical order for ease of finding what you're interested in. Also I've included my favourite song title by each of those bands.

AUSSIE BANDS
Alabaster Box
Blind
Half Way Out
Newsboys
Paul Colman Trio
Powderfinger "Already Gone" from the album Internationalist
Rhubarb "Never" from the single Pennywise
Sons Of Korah "Psalm 106" from the album Light Of Life
Soulframe "Here Am I" from the album Escaping Entropy
Squipplepippy
Tonjip "Beautiful" from the album T-un-jip
Void If Removed
the Whitlams "Blow Up The Pokies" from the album Love This City

OTHER COUNTRIES' BANDS
All Star United "Bright Red Carpet" from the album All Star United
Anne & Finn
Apologetix
Audio Adrenaline "Ocean Floor" from the album Worldwide
David Bowie "Space Oddity"
Maire Brennan
Bride "Would You Die For Me" from the album Snakes In The Playground
the Corrs
the Cranberries "Dreams" from the album Everyone Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We?
dc Talk "Colored People" from the album Jesus Freak
Deliriou5?
East West "She Cries" from the album The Light In Guinevere's Garden
Enya
Evanescence "
Hootie And The Blowfish
the Insyderz
Jars Of Clay "The Eleventh Hour" from the album The Eleventh Hour
Kings Of Convenience
Kutless "Sea Of Faces" from the album Sea Of Faces
the Lads
Ladysmith Black Mambazo
Linkin Park "Numb" from the album Meteora
Matchbox 20
Kevin Max "Existence" from the album Stereotype Be
Metallica "Nothing Else Matters" from the album Metallica
MxPx
The O.C. Supertones
Out Of Eden
Pearl Jam "Alive" from the album Ten
Pillar "Echelon" from the album Fireproof
P.O.D. "Execute The Sounds" from the album Payable On Death
the Proclaimers
Project 86
Semisonic
Sister Hazel "Just Remember" from the album Somewhere More Familiar
Sixpence None The Richer
Skillet "Forsaken" from the album Collide
Switchfoot "On Fire" from the album The Beautiful Letdown
System Of A Down "Aerials" from the album Toxicity
Tait
Third Day
Toby Mac "Momentum" from the album Momentum
Tree 63 "Blessed Be Your Name" from the album The Answer To The Question
12 Stones "My Life" from the album 12 Stones
U2 "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" from the album The Joshua Tree
the Waiting "Every Word" from the album Wonderfully Made
Weird Al Yankovic

OTHER MUSIC-RELATED LINKS
Toupee Records
Mullet TV
Sonfest Music Festival
Australian Gospel Music Festival

WANT TO TRY AND PLAY THAT SONG?
OnLine Guitar Archive
Christian Guitar Resources
GuitarETab


1 Comments:

At 1:00 pm, Blogger speedygeoff said...

Soulframe are fantastic. These boys must be the best little-known band in the world. Great to encounter another fan!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home