Glenn In Japan

Hi. At the moment I live in Japan and keep being told by my friends in Australia to keep in touch. Hopefully I will be able to...

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Christmas 2004

Hello everyone, and greetings from Brisbane!

I arrived safe and sound in Brisbane at 8.50am Christmas Eve... and was met by my parents at the airport. Alastair was at his girlfriend Saara's house, celebrating Christmas with her family at a big breakfast. They had NO IDEA I was coming.

I got home, had a shower, changed, and had a nap in the living room, having wrapped a few of the presents I'd brought back. Suddenly Al and Saara popped back to pick something up (it was about 3pm by now) before dinner, and SURPRISE! I walked out and said g'day. Alastair was a bit surprised, but I think Saara was in shock... They seemed happy to see me. :)

In the evening I went to church with my parents and grandmother, then came back home and played a few games of pool with some friends.

Christmas Day was great - woke up early (for me) at 8am, ate breakfast, then had fun opening presents. This was followed by a big lunch, and a big nap. Then more eating of leftovers... too much food.

Boxing Day (26 Dec for those who don't celebrate it) - Mum was feeling a bit sick but the rest of us drove over to my other grandparents, and did some more gift-exchanging and catching up.

December 28th, my uncle, aunt and cousins came over for a barbecue lunch... and more gifts. Mum had told my uncle and aunt, and I had sworn my cousin Nick to secrecy via MSN, so my cousin Chrissy was the only one surprised. Two of my great-uncles arrived for afternoon tea, and one of my mum's cousins and her family... so we had a big crowd of young people playing pool.

All in all a good Christmas.

How was yours?

Glennjamin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home