Glenn In Japan

Hi. At the moment I live in Japan and keep being told by my friends in Australia to keep in touch. Hopefully I will be able to...

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

2004 Part I

Here's a quick recap of the first part of this year.


JANUARY
1st New Year's Day. This is another short story, which you can read in a separate post.

FEBRUARY
14th Valentine's Day. This is celebrated in Japan, but it's the day when girls give guys chocolates. Girls give chocolates not only to boyfriends, but to male friends, co-workers, teachers etc... I got chocolates from the two six-year-old girls in my Friday night Kinder class.

MARCH
14th White Day. This is the day (created by a department-store-and-confectioner conspiratorial alliance) when guys give more expensive chocolates to the girls.
30th I flew to Seoul, Korea, where I changed planes to go to Brisbane.

APRIL
My surprise trip home, another story in itself.
28th End of my first contract with Nova, and the beginning of my second year in Japan.

MAY
6th One year in Naha today! We went out drinking to celebrate.
7th My first hangover...

JUNE
19th I now have a girlfriend! Her name is Melissa, she's from Australia, and she's another Nova teacher.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home