Buckle your seatbelt, Dorothy... because Kansas is going bye-bye.
Well, I finally did it... I went to the video store and I'm sitting down to start a Matrix marathon.
I've seen The Matrix countless times, and I saw The Matrix: Reloaded once at the cinema. I was a bit disappointed by the second movie, it wasn't quite as good as the first. And I haven't seen the third installment in the trilogy at all. I waited until it moved to the "Weekly" shelves in the video store, and I had a weekend to spare.
Now is that time! I hope the third one is as good as people tell me. At the moment Neo is just waking up into the "real world" for the first time.
And I cooked myself dinner, with a Glennjamin special, that is, a make-up-as-you-go recipe. Please note that there are no exact measurements.
GLENNJAMIN'S PORK STEAKS AND RICE
Ingredients
Oil, 2 pork steaks, 100% apple juice, barbecue sauce, 1/2 a carrot, 1/2 an apple, Italian herb salt (containing salt, basil, oregano, pepper etc), Coca-Cola, 3 shallots, 1 cup rice.
1. Put oil into frying pan.
2. Put in two pork steaks, and brown on both sides.
3. Pour in some apple juice (until meat is just covered). Pour yourself a glass at the same time, and have a drink. Cooking is thirsty work! :)
4. Swirl a bit of barbecue sauce over the meat and then swirl them a bit in the apple juice.
5. Turn up the heat till it starts to bubble, then turn down to simmer.
6. Sprinkle Italian herb salt over the mix.
7. Slice up the carrot lengthways, like carrot sticks.
8. Cut the core out of the apple half, and then slice the apple thinly from top to bottom.
9. Add the sliced carrot and apple to frypan, and give it all a stir.
10. Cut up three shallots and sprinkle them on top.
11. Pour in just a touch of Coca-Cola, and add a little more apple juice.
12. Cover.
13. Simmer for about half an hour or so while you cook the rice in a saucepan.
14. Serve on top of rice.
15. Enjoy.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home